A 7-day lodge package beginning on the Zambezi river in Kasane, Botswana to Hwange, Zimbabwe
- The Zambezi Queen – A luxury houseboat on the Zambezi River with air conditioned rooms, private balconies, great cuisine, fishing, game boat cruises and a host of other activities.
- Hwange National Park – One of Zimbabwe’s premier national parks.
- Painted Dogs Conservation – A conservation centre working towards the protection of the endangered African wild dog.
- Elephant’s Eye, Hwange – A four star luxury Eco lodge in Hwange. Offers a spa, walking safaris, game drives, night drives and cultural village visits
- Group size: Minimum 4, Maximum 12 (Guaranteed departures with no minimum group size are available)
Vehicle: Jenman Safaris uses fully equipped Toyota Land Cruisers, 12-seater 4×4 safari vehicles or other appropriate vehicles with comfortable seating, large windows for game viewing, a music- and PA-system and air-conditioning. All luggage besides hand luggage and photo equipment, is carried on the vehicle, trailer or roof racks to ensure maximum comfort in the vehicle. For transfers between Victoria Falls and Hwange (or vice versa), 2×4 vehicles may be utilised.
Meals: Where included most breakfasts and dinners will be enjoyed in the restaurants of the various accommodation establishments, however on certain nights the guide will provide an authentic meal for the group, which will be enjoyed together in the evening, often around a camp fire. Please advise us of any special dietary requirements in advance.
Luggage: Maximum baggage allowance: 15 kg. Jenman Safaris stipulates this luggage allowance, as an overloaded vehicle is a danger to both the clients and the guide. This does not include photographic equipment and a small daypack. Please bring a backpack or soft barrel bag, not a suitcase. Don’t bring too much clothing, as there are washing opportunities along the way. Please adhere to the allowance specified as space for luggage is limited.
Travelling Time & Distances: All travelling times are affected by road conditions, border crossings, detours and weather conditions, therefore on certain days travelling times may be longer than anticipated especially where there is a lot of distance to be covered. Please keep in mind that the time it takes to travel 100 km in your home country is not equivalent to the time it takes to travel 100 km on African roads, therefore we encourage you to sit back and enjoy the spectacular scenery Africa has to offer. Where possible additional stops will be made to ensure your travelling comfort at all times.
Visas: The onus is on the client to organize all visas required to visit Zimbabwe and Zambia prior to departure.
- 6 x breakfast, 4 x lunch, 6 x dinner
- Return airport transfers
- 2 nights’ accommodation on the Zambezi Queen including all meals, soft drinks, water, coffee & tea, beer & wine, water based game viewing, local village tour, tiger and bream fishing in season and boat transfers
- Road Transfer from Kasane to Hwange
- 4 nights’ accommodation at Elephant’s Eye, Hwange, including all meals, drinks, laundry and activities
- Road transfer from Hwange to Victoria Falls airport / town
- Visa fees
- Optional activities
- Travel Insurance
- Items of personal nature such as souvenirs, etc
- Park fees unless stipulated
- Meals & drinks not stipulated
Day 1 Kasane, Botswana
On arrival at Kasane airport you will be met and transferred to Chobe Marina Lodge, where you will embark on your boat transfer. This transfer will take you to the Kasane immigration office, Namibia immigration office and thereafter you will board the spectacular Zambezi Queen houseboat. This afternoon you will start your game viewing experience with an afternoon sail on the river.
Day 2 Chobe River, Botswana
After breakfast you will have the option of participating in one of the following activities; water based game viewing on a tender boat, fishing or a local village tour in Namibia. Lunch will be served on board the Zambezi queen, and you will have the afternoon to enjoy the facilities on board the Zambezi Queen or participate in water based game viewing or fishing.
Day 3 Kasane – Hwange, Zimbabwe
This morning after breakfast you will be transferred by boat to the Namibian and Kasane immigration offices, and back to Chobe Marina Lodge. A road transfer will meet you at Chobe Marina Lodge and take you to Elephant’s Eye, Hwange Eco-Lodge, which is situated 13 km from the main camp of Hwange National Park. The afternoon is at your leisure, beside the swimming pool, and having sundowners on the viewing deck.
Day 4 Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe
Today is spent on a game drive in the Hwange National Park, the largest national park in Zimbabwe.
Day 5 Walking Safari
This morning you will participate in a walking safari on Elephant’s Eye, Hwange’s private concession, led by a professional guide. Here you will learn some interesting details about the fauna and flora. You may have the opportunity to experience a close encounter with an elephant in the bush. After lunch and a siesta you will be able to visit a traditional homestead where the locals will welcome you into their home, and you will experience their lifestyle.
Day 6 Hwange, Zimbabwe
At dawn you will embark on a game drive to continue your search for the magnificent African wildlife in this area. Later this afternoon, you will visit the Painted Dog Conservation Centre, where you will learn about the history of the painted dogs as well as what the conservation centre does for these animals.
Day 7 Departure
Enjoy your last breakfast at the lodge before your 2½ hour drive back to Victoria Falls Airport, where you embark on your onward journey.
- Your 7 days will be spent in supreme quality lodging. The first two nights are in the luxurious Zambezi Queen. All suites have balconies overlooking the amazing Chobe River, en-suite bathrooms with a shower, toilet and basin, electronic safes, air conditioning and hairdryers. The last three nights are spent at Elephant’s Eye, Hwange, a 4-star luxury eco-lodge offering a spa, world class dining, game viewing from every window, game walks, game drives, local homestead visits and more.
Day 1 – 3: Zambezi Queen
Day 3 – 7: Elephant’s Eye, Hwange
Här kan du se priser för våra långresor
Priserna är inte garanterade och kan när som helst ändras.