For the outdoor-lovers, the island is crossed with tracks and palm lined covers, and offers many opportunities to explore on foot or even on mountain bike. From August / September, you may spot Humpback whales during their annual migration. Unwind, and savour the tranquil atmosphere and sultry sunsets of St. Marie.
Madagascar is not only known for its endemic flora and flora, but is also renowned for its endless coastline, white sandy beaches, sparkling clear turquoise water and restaurants serving seafood feasts on the sand. To round off your holiday in Madagascar with a spectacular beach-stay, we suggest heading off to the sublime Île Sainte Marie for a seven day break.
- Antananarivo – Tour of the handcraft market
- St Marie – Various activities such as boat tours, private beaches, road trips, quad bike tours (own expense)
- St Marie – Ambodifotatra local market
- Group Size: N/A
Meals : Meals included in your safari will be taken in the restaurants at the various accommodation establishments. Please advise us of any special dietary requirements in advance.
Luggage: Maximum baggage allowance on the plane will be 20 kg. Please bring a backpack or soft barrel bag, not a suitcase. Don’t bring too much clothing, as there are washing opportunities at hotels. Please adhere to the allowance specified as space for luggage is limited.
Travelling Time & Distances: N/A
Visas: A visa is required to enter the territory of Madagascar and can easily be obtained upon arrival at the airport of Antananarivo with a validity of up to 90 days. Tourists staying for less than one month, can purchase a visa for 80’000 Ariary (around 23-27 €). Paying with the exact amounts or small currency is advised. No photographs are required, however please ensure that passports are valid for at least 6 months after return date. In addition to the entry visa, the Malagasy government is proposing the introduction of a frontier levy of 10 € in the near future, still to be confirmed and variable at short notice.
• 7 x breakfast, 0 x lunch, 5 x Dinner
• 6 nights accommodation in mid-range hotels on half board basis (breakfast and dinner) and one nights accommodation in mid-range hotel on bed and breakfast basis.
• Transfers to and from airport to hotel and as mentioned in itinerary.
• Travel Insurance
• Domestic flights and their taxes
• Pre and post tour accommodation
• Optional activities
• All drinks, tips and curios
• All personal expenses
• Visa fees
• Meals & drinks not stipulated
- The accommodation on this tour has been selected for its barefoot luxury offering, quite unique to Madagascar. Accommodation is situated near to or inside National Parks, on the banks of a river, or in other places of interest. The accommodation will be a mix of lodges, chalets and tented camps. Most properties are equipped with swimming pools, restaurants and bar areas.
Day 1: Classic Accommodation: IC Hotel or similar
Days 2 – 6: Classic Accommodation: Vanivola “Hotel de Charme” or similar
Day 1 Antananarivo, Madagascar
On arrival at Ivato airport you will be transferred your hotel in Antananarivo, where you can relax from your flight and take a swim. There may be an opportunity for you to ask the hotel to do a tour to the handicrafts market (additional expense).
Day 2 St Marie, Madagascar
Today you will be transferred to Ivato airport for your flight to St Marie, where you will be met and transferred to your hotel on this tropical island. Featuring a private beach & pool, you hotel offers complete relaxation on this beautiful island. The hotel can arrange many excursions for you from boat tours to different parts of St Marie, to road trips, whale tours (in season) and quad bike tours.
Days 3-6 St Marie, Madagascar
Ask at reception about the many excursions on offer. The sea is safe for snorkelling, or you could book a few days of scuba diving! Fishing trips may be arranged, or simply just enjoy a cocktail or two on the beach admiring the hues of sunset. All these excursions are booked in your own time and are to your own expense.
Day 7 End of tour
You will be transferred to the airport for your departing flight home. We hope to welcome you back to Madagascar in the future!
Här kan du se priser för våra resor på Madagaskar
Priserna är inte garanterade och kan när som helst ändras.